Hey everyone! Still pretty tired here, so I'm going to make a short version.
I am just so energized by these concerts!
For starters I am going to say I met some great people! A huge shout out to gsantana and his wife for all the help and just generally having such a cool time with. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys in Vegas!
The concert - lets see I'm going to point out some things - the good and bad. It might be easier or I will write pages and pages of stuff.
VERY HOLY CRAP GOOD:
- Got to meet Klaus backstage for a brief time, he looked energized and happy.
- 3 drumsticks came my way, one from Klaus, one "Klaus style" from James and then his black one - signature series sealed with a kiss.
- They played No One Like You (I've been waiting them to play that live since last time they were this way)
- The crowd was relaxed and the atmosphere AWESOME!
- Lots of eye contact and energy, the band and Klaus' voice really hit the right notes
Not so good
- The sound really wasn't good, on my side of the stage I could hear the drums and Rudolf's guitar, but I couldn't really hear Klaus very much until they worked it a bit, then it got better. For the first few songs, it was like I was in the studio listening to individual tracks hehe.
- Set list - a little too predictable (not complaining but it would of been nice if they added one song for the old fans, like they did in France with "We'll Burn the Sky")
- I got to see the pyro in Russia, I was hoping they would have that here, but I think US/Canada as a whole have much stricter things on what they are allowed to do (fire regulations, etc)
- The smoking at the concert and all over Reno. MY GOD it must be the smoking capitol of the US, it was horrible and it usually doesn't bother me. Then at the show, combine regular smoking with the marijuana and wow, I'm glad I wasn't going directly over to Canada after that show, my clothes smelled sooooo bad.
Great show, I won't lie, there was a beautiful stage presence as always. I did notice that Rudolf seemed a bit tired, I bet jet lag caught up to him because the next night he wasn't tired at all!
But I would return to Reno for a concert anytime I can. I just live on the wrong coast!
If anyone wants to see photos, they are up on my Facebook as well.