Originally posted by dnote
The DVD arrived today to Portugal, finally!!! after 3 weeks of the released in Europe!
So.. here comes my review.....:
After almost 3 hours seeing the DVD i have some good and bad things to say.....
Let's start with the good ones:
- The band's performence is AMAZING, AWESOME... they are simply GREAT on stage!!!
- The Cover is excellent, very good design and creativity.
- I like the intro of the open concert.. is very cool since the crowd is very cold. So that intro is a good way to hide the cold crowd. The graphics are also very cool!!
- The booklet is awesome, the colors, the graphics and the design. Very good work with the pictures also!
The bad things.. (unfortunatly too much):
- The CROWD is a SHAME!!! Sorry to say this, but is the true, i never saw a Rock Concert with so bad crowd!
- To much cuts on the songs.. "new generation"; "blackout"; "blood too hot"; "through my eyes" and so on..
- Bad mixing on the images with the sound, we can see very often that, for example on "blood too hot", there's one part of the song were we can listen klaus voice first and then the image of klaus singing. This is a SHAME.. bad work, very bad work on the mixing! Also the passage of the song "through my eyes" to "blackout" is very stupid and unprofessional!
- Mixing two concerts.. when the DVD title is "one night in vienna" and not "one night in vienna and mainz". that's also a shame.
- The Rockumentary is nothing speciall, there's nothing that we don't knew yet! i was hope that we can see rare stuff and rare storys about their 40 years of Career, but in the end we have nothing new. Also James and Pawel don't talk too much and i don't like that. For example James could talk a lot of things since 1996 and he only talk about one minute in a 70 minutes documentary! That's not very understanding thing.
- The DVD is very poor on stuff. For example they could do a short documentary of the Unbreakable Tour, with interviews, backstage..
- The Remember the Good Times is studio sound.
- Not having a correct release date for all continents. Portugal was the LAST country in Europe to have the DVD and remember we're also EUROPE!
- Last but not least, my big disapoint. NO SUBTITLES IN PORTUGUESE!!!! WHY ????????????????? Portuguese is one of the most speaking languages in the world!!! i can't understand that. you did the same with ACOUSTICA. is a shame!! you sell a lot your DVD's here. and not many people understand english!!!!! we deserved subtitles in portuguese. For example why not Greek language on the DVD???? you forgot that Greece was the only one country where you were on number 1 with Unbreakable ???? The fans must be respected!!!!
- The band's performence: 10/10
- Cover: 10/10
- Concert mixing: 5/10
- Rockumentary: 7/10
- The Clip: 8/10
For die-hard fans this DVD is nothing speciall. For the general people it's a normal DVD. Not bad, but not great! Just normal!
In my opinion The Scorpions could do a lot more. They have a very rich 40 years of Career and a lot of things to tell and show.
So my rating in General is:
- One Night in Vienna DVD: 7/10
The only consolation is... finally we have an actual Rock concert with 5.1 quality sound!
YES YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!!!!! AND BTW I AM TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!!!!
I TOTALLY LOVE THE SCORPIONS BUT.....
THIS IS A VERY POOR DVD